Staples Mattresses Buying Guide
Staples have been handcrafting beds and mattresses in the U.K since 1985. Using only the finest materials in their products so you can be confident that you’ll be getting a quality nights sleep. With a large range of designs, materials and luxurious styles available, you’ll be spoilt for choice when deciding on your new Staples mattress. We’ve put together this Staples mattress buying guide to answer your top questions and help you find your perfect sleep set up.
How are Staples beds made?
Staples beds are handcrafted in Somerset by experienced artisan bed specialists. By using this personal approach to assembly, it ensures that all Staples mattresses and beds are beautifully made and quality assured. Keeping in line with the brand’s quality standards, Staples mattresses and beds are made using the finest materials. Including ultra-supportive pocket springs and premium quality latex foam.
How should I care for my Staples mattress?
Looking after your Staples mattress will keep it comfortable for longer. With proper care, Staples mattresses can last between 8-10 years. The Staples Bespoke Collection is designed with easy care in mind. Unlike a lot of mattresses, they are a no-turn, no-flip design so there’s no need to rotate them. To keep your new Staples mattress fresher for longer, here are some general care tips to follow:
- Let your mattress air on a weekly basis by turning back the bedding for a few hours
- Vacuum pocket sprung mattresses every few months with a curtain vacuum attachment to avoid disrupting the filling and damaging the structure
- When cleaning memory foam, use a soft brush instead of a vacuum. Vacuums can misshape or even tear memory foam causing lumps and damage to the mattress
- Clean any spills as soon as you notice them with a dry cloth to absorb the moisture. If there is any staining, use a lightly dampened cloth with some mild detergent
- Always use a mattress protector to prevent water damage and staining
How good are Staples mattresses for back support?
Staples mattresses are renowned for their superior comfort and wide range of designs. If you need extra back support, Staples offer an excellent range of pocket sprung and foam styles that are great for relieving tension and preventing back pain. When choosing a mattress to support your back correctly, it’s important to take into account your body-weight and sleeping preferences. Check out our Mattress Buying Guide to discover what mattress style is best for you if you’re unsure.
What mattress tension do I need?
Staples mattress spring tensions are usually described as soft, medium and firm. Even though mattresses fall into these categories, how they will feel to you will depend on how much you weigh. Here are some general guidelines to follow when deciding what firmness to choose:
- Soft Firmness – soft tension is most suitable for those up to 8 stone (50 kg). They’re also a great choice for side sleepers that find medium tension too firm.
- Medium Firmness – medium tension is known as the universal mattress and are a very popular choice among couples. They’re best suited to those weighing between 8-16 stone (50 kg – 100 kg).
- Firm Tension – firm mattresses are ideal for people that need extra support and those weighing 16 stone (100 kg+) and above. They can also be comfortable for those suffering from back pain.
Sometimes one mattress tension isn’t comfortable for both people sharing the bed. When shopping as a couple, Zip & Link mattresses can be the perfect compromise if you both prefer different tensions. Zip & Links cleverly zip together to create a totally custom firmness for both of you. This allows couples to have completely separate mattress tensions whilst still sleeping in the same bed.
What are the benefits of choosing a pocket spring or memory foam mattress?
Both pocket sprung and memory foam are great choices if you’re looking for a comfortable, high-quality mattress. But which one is best? While neither out ways the other in terms of quality or comfort, there are pros and cons to each style. When deciding on which is best for you, it’s important to take your sleeping preferences in to account. Here are some benefits of pocket sprung and memory foam mattresses to keep in mind when shopping:
Memory Foam Mattress Benefits:
- Hypoallergenic: Unlike other mattress styles, memory foam doesn’t collect dust. This makes it ideal for those that are sensitive to dust or have respiratory problems that are worsened by dust.
- Heat Sensitive: Foam tends to retain heat, this can be either a pro or a con depending on what kind of temperature you like to sleep in. If you live in a cooler climate or have trouble staying warm, memory foam can be a great choice.
- Joint Support: Because it’s a material that is responsive to heat, as you sleep it will mould to your body shape. This can help relieve symptoms of back and joint pain.
- Shock Resistant: Foam has little to no bounce and is shock absorbent. This can be a great choice for fidgeters or couples that have their sleep disrupted from movement.
- Long-Lasting: Over time, springs deteriorate and cause the mattress to sag and dip. While memory foam won’t last forever, due to the bounce back nature of the material, it can last longer than other spring-style mattresses with proper care.
Pocket Sprung Mattress Benefits:
- Consistent Support: Unlike other styles, pocket sprung mattresses provide consistent support all over the body. This is ideal for people that like to sleep on their back.
- No Transfer of Movement: Pocket springs are also able to absorb movement which is perfect for couples sleeping in the same bed.
- Bouncy Feeling: Because the springs are in individual pockets, they can move independently. This prevents the transfer of movement whilst still giving that bouncy feeling of a standard spring design. If you dislike the sinking feeling that memory foam provides, pocket spring mattresses are a great alternative.
- More Tension Options: The firmness in pocket springs can vary from soft to extra-firm depending on the spring count and the density of springs. This gives more choice when shopping around for your perfect mattress firmness.
What storage options are available in Staples beds?
Bed storage can be a great way to save space in smaller rooms. Staples beds bespoke collection has an excellent range of storage options to suit all kinds of storage needs. Keeping in line with their high-quality standards, all Staples drawer runners are made from premium steel to ensure silky smooth movement.
When deciding on what bed storage to choose, it’s important to take into account the layout of the room. Divan beds have under the bed drawers so make sure there’s enough space at either side of the bed to fully extend them. Another storage option from Staples beds is the Ottoman design. This allows you to lift up the top part of the bed to reveal the hidden storage underneath. The Ottoman storage can either be in halves of the bed or be one large storage space. Ottoman storage is a great choice if you’d prefer the storage to be hidden or have limited space on either side of the bed.
Shopping at MattressNextDay
Whether you’re looking for luxury or affordability, we have a large range of mattresses to suit all budgets and needs. If you need assistance when purchasing with us online, feel free to get in contact with one of our friendly sleep experts or check out the helpful buying guides on our Advice Hub.