What Innerspring Mattress Is The Best Type?
There are five types of innerspring mattresses:
• Knotted Bonnell
• Knotted Offset
Since innerspring mattresses constitute for more than 90% of the mattresses sold, salespeople tend to be rather knowledgeable and can provide you with a cutaway sample that represents the mattress and what it's made of.
So you're studying the cutaway sample, but what does it mean?
• Karr coils move independently from one another and the coils are hourglass shaped with an unknotted end.
• The Continuous system uses a single strand of wire made out of steel. This strand is strung through the entire mattress.
• The Knotted Bonnell system has hourglass shaped coils like the Karr, but there are 5 turns to each coil.
• The Knotted Offset system is like the Bonnel system in that the coils are squared off at the top and bottom
• The Marshall system uses wire that is quite light, which is because a lot of coils are used in this system. This is the system that is found in most mattresses because it is inexpensive.
Knowing the coil types can help you make the decision as to what kind of innerspring mattress is right for you.
MattressNextDay is probably the largest mattress superstore on the internet. Selling a wide range of mattresses from leading manufacturers, we can offer quality mattresses at fantastic prices. Our next day delivery service is free or, if you prefer, you can select your own delivery date. Take a look at our range of mattresses now at www.mattressnextday.co.uk, or call us on 0333 0069 769 for more information.