We have receieved your request
Mattress manufacturers are constantly researching ways to improve their products.
When you consider how much time we spend asleep, it's surprising that there isn't more generally-available research about mattresses. There's plenty out there about ergonomic office chairs and about how best to bed down to pick up something heavy, but when it comes to supporting our spines for 8 hours a night, few researchers outside the mattress companies have focused on mattress construction. There has, however, been a lot of research into sleep, which mattress manufacturers can use and interpret to help them design better mattresses.
Why mattress research matters
As with all products, improvements can always be made to the design and construction of a mattress. Researchers need to look at what's currently available, what's working and what's needed in order to improve the functionality and performance of a mattress. Advances that we take for granted, such as pocket springing or the use of memory foam are usually down to many hours of concentrated research and testing. The benefits to you as a consumer are:
• Improved support
• Better comfort
• Enhanced durability
• Increased value for money
• Healthier sleep
It's a well-known fact that you need a supportive mattress in order to get the best possible quality of sleep and, that without that sleep, you're likely to function less well both in terms of activities and relationships. Mattress researchers are always looking for new ways to improve:
• Support - the use of different materials and construction methods can affect the level of support you get from your mattress.
• Comfort - deciding which filling materials to use and how to combine them, along with testing new materials can have an impact on the firmness and comfort of your mattress.
• Lifespan - the longer your mattress lasts the better value for money you get from it. New manufacturing techniques and care instructions can help to extend your mattress's life.
• Operation - continuing to look at ways of designing a double mattress that will support two people individually in the best way possible, or designing new systems that allow people who share a bed to choose the mattress type that suits them best.
MattressNextDay is probably the largest mattress superstore on the internet. Selling a wide range of mattresses from leading manufacturers, we can offer quality mattresses at fantastic prices. Our next day delivery service is free or, if you prefer, you can select your own delivery date. Take a look at our range of mattresses now at www.mattressnextday.co.uk, or call us on 0333 0069 769 for more information.