Shop our cheap headboards for divan beds
As well as offering cheap divan beds with a mattress, we also supply each individual component at competitive prices, helping you create the bed of your dreams. Our range of bed headboards for sale boasts everything from double divan to king size Silentnight offerings to suit the requirements of large and small divans alike.
Each headboard comes with a 1 year guarantee as standard and are NBF approved for quality assurance. To get the best headboard for you with quick and reliable delivery, choose from our game-changing range.
Why do beds have a headboard?
Anyone who’s nodded off without the help of a headboard will have wondered, what’s the point of a headboard? After all, it’s common to pick up a divan bed without a one. With that in mind, do you really need a headboard for your bed?
More than a mere decoration, a luxury headboard has functions which extend beyond being easy on the eye. Birthed as a draft protection device by the Romans, modern versions for divans have evolved into a sought-after bedroom accessory which ooze style and comfort in equal measures.
If you love to leave the day behind and escape into a good book in bed, then a cushioned headboard will provide supreme back support. Our quilted products help you to decompress and enjoy comfort which can’t be matched by a standard bed alone.
They also help to keep your walls stain-free and clean. Sweat and oils from hair can be transmitted to the wall, causing eyesores that compromise the design of your room. A divan headboard acts as a barrier, effectively covering up existing dents in the process.
For Feng Shui practitioners, a sturdy headboard is a great way to harmonize with the room around you, feeling safe and at ease in your most vulnerable state.
Whether you’re creating the most comfortable environment for night-time reading, or looking for a low-cost and aesthetically appealing bedroom decoration, a wall variation is the sleeping solution for you.
What is the best headboard to buy for a divan?
From faux leather to a super king size option, you’ll find the best headboard for divan beds in our extensive range. Coming in an array of sizes, colours and designs from brands you can trust, such as Silentnight and Sleepeezee.
Kids headboards can be difficult to find. With our small single divan beds, the smallest divan storage beds can receive the same luxurious treatment as their larger counterparts.
The versatility of a divan makes it the perfect storage solution for all rooms in the home, and our size range reflects this. Everything from double divans to extravagant super king size headboards are catered for, in signature styles which underline the ambience of your bedroom.
With curved & velvet designs and more available, the right divan headboard for you can be found right here.
Do all headboards fit divan beds?
Typically, headboards come in three fixing types – standard panelled, floor-standing and wall-mounted.
Fitting a headboard to a bed depends on the distance between fixing points. As long as the size correlates with that of the bed, it is possible to fit onto an existing bed.
For example, a double size for a divan bed requires a fixing point width of 106cm for secure attachment. It is important to consider the look of a new bed, however, when pairing up with a divan bed frame.
A tall option is unlikely to work well with a thinner mattress. Our assortment of mattresses come in a wide range of thicknesses and firmness levels.
How do you put a headboard on a divan bed?
Achieving the perfect fit is just as important as getting the look of your divan bed spot on. A loosely fitting bed backboard sacrifices strength and comfort, potentially hampering quality of sleep. Fitting any type of headboard to a divan bed is easy to get right, with simple steps to follow.
How to fit a Strutted Headboard to a Divan Bed:
- Fit the struts to the headboard – Align holes in the struts with those of the headboard before screwing the bolts into position.
- Find the bed’s fixing points – These can be located by hand if not easily detectable to the eye.
- Attach the strut – Sandwich the strut between the bolt and the divan.
- Adjust the headboard – Find your desired height, ensuring it remains level.
- Tighten the bolts – Moving one side at a time, start securely tightening the bolts to form a strong bond.
How to fit a floor Standing Headboard to a Divan Bed:
- Locate the fixing points – If they’re tricky to find on your divan, feel for them in the fabric. Some models may have stickers indicating where the fixing points are.
- Screw the bolts – Screwing through the headboard and into the divan bed, attach the bolts firmly, ensuring that the floor standing divan headboard is in the correct position.
- Tighten the bolts – To complete the process, tighten the screws, ensuring that the bolts are completely tightened with no further room for manoeuvre.
How do you stabilise a headboard?
Struggling to maintain the desired fit? You may need to stabilise your divan. A loose headboard is a recipe for damaged walls and broken sleep, no matter how comfortable your divan bed frame and mattress set is.
Banging caused by the loose connection can also create undesirable noise. Stopping your headboard from knocking against the wall is important and, thankfully, easy.
Floating variants will require the addition of a buffer between the wall, which can be done with the help of wall supports. These adjustable tools can create separation and stability, allowing you to wave goodbye to noisy nights and say hello to restful sleep.
Why choose a divan headboard for your bed?
Divan beds are traditionally bought when space in a bedroom is at a premium. With plenty of storage underneath, they offer a smart and efficient way to keep on top of your storage without taking up any extra space with cupboard, chests or wardrobes. While most divan beds are sold without headboards, they do come with predrilled hollows, making a divan headboard simple to install. But what are the benefits of fitting one?
- If you’re a night-time reader, a divan headboard offers better back support than propping yourself up against the wall.
- Your hair produces oils that if you repeatedly lean against a specific spot on the wall, can leave stains in your paintwork. A divan headboard is easy to clean!
- Bedroom walls can get cold, particularly during the winter. A divan headboard helps to keep your scalp cosy and cut down on those draughts.
- Divan headboards help to keep your pillows in place, so you can achieve the perfect posture for a good night’s sleep.
- Choose your own style. We offer an extensive range of divan headboards, allowing you to choose the colour and materials that suit your room and your taste.