- First of all, decide what look you are going for. The bed is the largest piece of furniture in your space and so it will set the tone for the bedroom. Are you going for a classic and romantic look? If so, then a wooden bed is your best bet. Choose a wood finish that matches the rest of your furniture for a more pulled-together interior. On the other hand, modern bedrooms are perfectly suited for metal bed frames, especially those with sleek lines and minimalist details. Going all out sensuous? Then a leather bed will definitely heat things up.
- How much space do you need? When it comes to beds, the rule of thumb is that there should be enough clearance for each person to stretch out without touching the other person or the boundaries of the bed. Clearly, for this to happen, the smallest bed that can be shared by two adults is a queen-size. A twin bed or a double mattress may be fine for the solo sleeper.
- Which design should you go for? The classic bedstead is the first choice for many, especially if you are looking to create a sleeping space that is aesthetically pleasing and relaxing. However, there are also other options which don’t necessarily sacrifice form for function. If you would rather go for a divan bed that provides extra storage space or decide on a bunk bed for your children’s room, buy one that’s well-made and sturdy so that it can last for years.
- What kind of mattress do I need? Our advice: buy the best you can afford, no matter what category you pick. Cheap mattresses are just not as well-constructed as others, which ends up costing you more money since they will need to be replaced much sooner. Pocket spring mattresses are a favorite because they are very supportive and luxurious but they do require regular turning for even wear and tear. Latex and memory foam lets you skip this chore, though they do better when rotated every few months or so.
- Once you’ve picked out the perfect frame and mattress, don’t skimp on the pillows and bed linens. A 400-600 thread count will not only be very comfortable but it will also resist fading and piling better than cheap bedsets. Bedding accessories like pillows and linens can really make the difference between a good bed, and a great bed.
HURRY! OUR 70% OFF FLASH DEALS END IN...
Free Next Day Delivery*
Choose Your Delivery Day
We'll Remove Your Old Mattress