Surprising Benefits of Sleeping on a Kaymed Memory Foam Mattress
Can a Kaymed Bed with a memory foam mattress improve your life? If you?re sleeping on an old, worn-out mattress, it could be affecting far more than you think. Sleep disturbance and sleep disruption can increase your stress levels, make chronic pain conditions more painful and reduce the effectiveness of other medical treatments. The effects of low-level sleep deprivation ? the kind that results from sleeping poorly rather than from not sleeping at all ? are far deeper and wider-reaching than most people know. These are just a few of the surprising benefits of getting a good night?s sleep on a memory foam mattress.
- Your body is better able to repair tissue damage. One of the things that your body does during deep sleep is make human growth hormone, which it uses to repair and rebuild damaged tissue. This is especially important to those who suffer from degenerative joint disorders like arthritis, but also can improve your skin, your memory and your overall health.
- Deep sleep also appears to be essential to helping us process complex emotions and happenings during the day. When those normal processes are disrupted by poor sleep, the result can be increased stress and mild depression.
- A study released in Nature Neuroscience showed that disrupted sleep, also called ?shallow sleep?, can interfere with learning and memory. Shallow sleep often results from sleeping on an uncomfortable sleep surface. Changing to a memory foam mattress reduces the stress on your body and results in better sleep, which could improve your memory and your ability to learn new things.
- Sleeping on a memory foam mattress could make you healthier overall. A study at the University of Pennsylvania showed that when your sleep is disrupted, your immune system is also disrupted. Getting a good night?s sleep on a regular basis can keep your immune system in top condition.
- A good night?s sleep may actually help you maintain your weight. In the same study, researchers found that poor sleep resulted in an increase in a hormone that controls metabolism, which could result in obesity and all its attendant ills.
When you put all the research on sleep and its effects on the body together, you can?t help but realize how important a good night?s sleep is to your health. A well-made memory foam mattress can make a world of difference in the amount and quality of the sleep you get each night.