What size is a small single mattress?
The average small single mattress size is 75cm wide and 190cm long. These 2ft 6” mattresses are particularly great for children who have grown out of cot mattresses.
These small mattresses make a particularly suitable choice for a small single bed. Despite their smaller footprint, they don't sacrifice any comfort and offer a supportive surface for your little ones to sleep on. It also allows them more usable space in the room for free movement, activities, and playtime.
The benefits of a small single mattress
While a small mattress is ideal for children, adults may also find a narrow single mattress as an ideal solution to their home. Our 2ft6 small single mattress is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to maximise their available space without sacrificing a good night's sleep.
They’re especially good for bedrooms that are on the smaller side and are the perfect fit for bunk beds and narrow framed models, as well as bench-type beds. These small mattresses also allow you to have a convenient option in your guest room should you have visitors staying overnight, they also go great with our small single divan beds.
Despite their compact size, our single mattresses are extremely comfortable, providing you with a plush, restful place to get the sleep you need every night. These products are handmade in the UK and have been designed to perfection, using high-quality materials. Our 2ft 6” single mattresses are available with a range of innovative and useful features. For example, we provide designs with memory foam technology, waterproof panels, and zip off covers.
Choosing your 2 foot 6” mattress
While these mattresses all share the same size, there differ by filling and comfort grade. For example, we have pocket spring, traditional spring, latex, and memory foam options available. Factors such as your body type, the way you sleep, and whether you prefer a harder or softer sleeping surface all comes into play when choosing your mattress. Popular mattress types include:
- Standard sprung small single mattress: This classic type of mattress uses open springs to ensure weight is supported while maintaining comfort.
- Pocket sprung small single mattress: Similar to standard sprung, this type of mattress contains springs, however, these are individually wrapped to offer further support.
- Small single memory foam mattress: This is one of the most popular mattress types and uses foam to mould around the contours of your body. These mattresses are recommended to those who suffer from back pain.
- Reflex foam small single mattress: This material is highly responsive and offers a supportive and firm surface.
- Small single mattresses with natural fillings: Finally,these mattresses contain natural materials such as cotton, wool and cashmere. These are ideal if you have a child who suffers from allergies.
To find a mattress that meets your specific needs and requirements, you can use our filter feature. Search through our products by construction type, firmness rating, spring count, depth, and brand and you shouldn’t struggle to find exactly what you’re looking for.
With this in mind, we don't expect you to make the decision on your own. That's why our friendly and helpful sales team are on hand to ensure you choose the mattress that's perfect for you. Call us today.