Helpful Guides & Tips for Wooden Beds
There isn’t much that can beat the natural beauty and classic style of a wooden bed. At MattressNextDay, our wooden beds really are built to last. Robustly made using only the very best quality materials, you can enjoy a great night's sleep night after night for many years to come. If you’re a fan of beautiful natural materials and great design, you’ll find just what you’re looking for right here.
What’s your style? As well as offering rock solid construction, MattressNextDay has a huge range of wood bed styles to choose from. Browse our impressive collection of traditional oak and contemporary painted bed frames, featuring everything from reassuringly chunky styles to elegant, minimalist designs. We even have wood models that are ideal for children, including practical, fun sleep station beds, which feature essential storage space underneath. There really is something for everyone, whatever your decor and however much space you have to spare.
In fact, one of the very best things about our collection is that our beds don’t cost the earth. We guarantee good quality, but our cheap wooden beds range is affordable too. What’s more, if you spend £150 or more on your new dream bed, we’ll deliver it completely free right to your door in as little as 24 hours. You can even select your own delivery day to suit your timetable. So, what are you waiting for? Pick out your perfect new wooden bed right now and get ready for a total bedroom transformation.
The ultimate wooden bed guide
Choosing the right bed frame
When it comes to choosing the right frame, there are a number of things to consider. Wood frames are versatile in design, colours, sizes as well as shapes. Suitable for most bedrooms they also make a great investment in bedroom furniture. Before parting with your cash, here are some tips to look out for.
What size of wooden bed do I need?
The size of the bed will largely depend on how big your bedroom is. If you have a large bedroom, for instance, a super king bed is a great choice. Sleeping in luxury always makes you feel as though you are staying in a 5-star hotel, spacious and inviting.
In most master bedrooms, wood king size beds and double frames are a very popular choice. They provide sufficient space for two adults to sleep in comfort. For smaller bedrooms, spare rooms and guest rooms, a single wood bed is ideal.
How about a wooden single bed?
Wooden single beds are increasing in popularity. They tick all the right boxes for children, teenagers and spare rooms. If bedroom space is a little tight, a wood frame offers the right solution. Usually streamlined in shape they are not as bulky compared to upholstered beds.
Another plus about a wood single bed tends to be the price. In the main, they are cheaper in comparison to other similar size beds. This doesn’t mean to say that single beds made from wood don’t have quality. Their production costs are quite low compared to beds which are around the same size.
If you’re wanting to update a kid’s bedroom, spare room or a guest room, you can’t go wrong buying a single bed. The good news is there’s a huge range to choose from so you’re bound to find a suitable product.
Choosing the right wooden bed
One of the most important things to look out for when choosing a wood bed are the various different sizes available. Most tend not to come in traditional sizes. With this in mind, check out mattress sizes first. This will give you a better idea of the measurements.
Once you’ve agreed on the size, start browsing online. There are, however, a few points to look out for such as:
- Wooden frames are usually larger than their mattresses
- Footboards and headboards make the bed longer
- Making sure the bed will fit into the room space available – you don’t want it too big or too small
Choosing the right size wood bed isn’t too complicated. There’s nothing worse wasting time browsing online for wood beds which are much too big or too small for one of your bedrooms.
Need more advice? Visit our bed and mattress showroom to see actual sizes.
What’s the best bed style for you?
Bed frames have come a long way in a short space of time. They are no longer boring to look at or a hassle to buy. There are so many styles of wooden frames to choose from, you won’t have any problem finding one to suit your bedroom. Here are a few inspirational ideas:
- Walnut or wooden sleigh beds in white definitely add elegance and charm to any bedroom. These provide the wow factor as well as being a focal point for the rest of your bedroom furniture. Likewise, a bed with a high footboard offers the same but doesn’t take up as much room.
- How about finishing off a contemporary bedroom with a painted wooden bed? White or grey wood beds brighten up any bedroom, however small or large. They enhance dull spaces. Alternatively, a black painted bed adds depth to a bedroom, while at the same time creating a romantic feel.
- The natural look. Many people love the natural look that wood beds offer. There’s a wonderful selection of wood grains and colours to choose from. Oak, walnut or pine frames offer a more warm, traditional feel. Due to their evergreen style, they will stand the test of time too.
- Have you thought about buying a whitewash wooden bed frame? While still bringing a more natural look into any bedroom, this style makes a room more modern and appealing. Other bedroom furniture will blend well too.
- Why not have the best of both worlds with a bed frame that exposes some wood and painted or glossed components? Choose a colour that goes with your décor, something stylish without having to compromise on quality or durability.
Wood beds to suit your budget
Some people still think that solid wood beds are a little too expensive. With so many styles of wood bed frames available, prices are now much more affordable.
Whatever your budget, you’ll have no problem finding a wooden bed to suit your needs. We not only offer free 24-hour delivery but 0% APR finance on certain products. You can buy a fantastic bed of your choice without having to worry about the cost.
If you require any help in choosing a wooden bed frame, get in touch with one of our dedicated sales team. They will be more than happy to help.